Sunday, July 09, 2006

Happy 4th

Happy 4th of July to everyone and happy Canada Day. I haven't written in a while. We had a fun family reunion last week end. We went to Elberta Utah. The church has some property out there with a dairy farm. We had a great time with Brad's family. We had a talent show on Saturday night which was the 1st of July. I thought it would be kind of fun to sing O Canada since it was Canadad day. Brad joined me in the song and he did pretty well until the end when I burst into tears and he couldn't finish it. I felt so silly. I had no idea that I would have that kind of emotion. I am a true Canadian I guess.
After the reunion was over our friends from Portland came to stay with us. We had a great time with them. We took them waterskiing on the 4th and then had a bbq and some fireworks. It was a really fun day. We wish they would move back here to Utah. We miss them.
I enjoyed my first try with Skype (or skippie as Lara calls it) today. I thought it was pretty fun. I am excited about this reunion next summer. I hope everyone is as excited as I am. It will be one summer that I will be able to get my family down here in July. Well bye for now I have to get the kids to bed.

2 comments:

Judy Taylor said...

Amy, you'd be surprised to know that whenever my mother or I sing "O Canada", it moves us to tears, as well. Very understandable, and a very moving song.

Marilee said...

Hi Amy!! This is Marilee. I started my own blog a few weeks ago. From that I found some of the Saunders websites and knobbing around those sites found Melinda's site which led me here to you!! I love this website stuff!! How are you? I can't believe how bad we've been at keeping in touch!! Maybe now that I'm a "blogger" and I found your site we'll do better at it! Pretty lame of us, eh? Anyway I probably would have cried if I'd sung O Canada too!! I miss living at home... and after reading all these fun websites and catching up on everyones lives I miss it even more!! Check out my site www.apcfamily.blogspot.com