We had an eventful thanksgiving. Wednesday night our dog got hit by a car and the car took off. Her foot is pretty mangled. Luckily it was only her foot. I sat outside with the bleeding dog for about and hour before Brad got home. He took her to the vet $$$. She had surgery on her foot to repair it and came home drugged and very out of it. I felt so bad about the whole thing. I am not much of an animal lover so all this was totally out of my comfort zone. We didn't feel like we could leave her home all day so we took her with us to Brad's parents. Long drive with a stinky dog in the van. She is doing a little better today much more like herself. We are afraid to leave her alone too long for fear she will bite off her bandages and rip out the stitches. The kids were pretty shook up. Since they love their dog so much. Sorry to Mark and Anne Marie. We had to cancel on them for today. They were kind enough to invite us to their cabin for the day. Have fun you guys. Anyway thanksgiving dinner was yummy. I discovered pomegranate pie. It was delicious.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Thanksgiving
We had an eventful thanksgiving. Wednesday night our dog got hit by a car and the car took off. Her foot is pretty mangled. Luckily it was only her foot. I sat outside with the bleeding dog for about and hour before Brad got home. He took her to the vet $$$. She had surgery on her foot to repair it and came home drugged and very out of it. I felt so bad about the whole thing. I am not much of an animal lover so all this was totally out of my comfort zone. We didn't feel like we could leave her home all day so we took her with us to Brad's parents. Long drive with a stinky dog in the van. She is doing a little better today much more like herself. We are afraid to leave her alone too long for fear she will bite off her bandages and rip out the stitches. The kids were pretty shook up. Since they love their dog so much. Sorry to Mark and Anne Marie. We had to cancel on them for today. They were kind enough to invite us to their cabin for the day. Have fun you guys. Anyway thanksgiving dinner was yummy. I discovered pomegranate pie. It was delicious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aw poor Mitsy! Hope she heals well.
Good Job with your recent updates Amy! I've been checking in randomly to see if you've posted so it was a pleasant little surprise to see you had! Your poor dog! Glad she wasn't hurt any worse than she was.
Post a Comment